FAQ 2021-02-15T07:59:14+00:00

Table Art FAQ

Please click the link below to view the checklist for tables.

This includes recommended table linens for your table sizes as well as additional Table Art notes.

Table Art Checklist Table Art Checklist (111 KB)

About Event Styling

Our Range

With many of our fabrics, linen can be custom made to specifically fit your dining table. We an also source fabrics if you are looking for something specific.
We do provide the service at our normal hourly labour rate.
A standard table is 71-75cm high. The drop of the table linen varies depending on the table. We base all drop measures on a 75cm table height.
Our pillar candles can burn up to 12 hours depending on airflow.
It completely depends on the amount of air flow through your venue. If there is no air blowing on the candles, they will burn for 9 hours. With air conditioning or outside breeze directly blowing on them, they could last 3 hours.
Our tea light candles are 9 hour burning. They will burn quicker in low laying holders and in increased air flow areas.
All our fabrics are upholstery or dress materials and superior to others on the hire market.
We stock square overlays (2.1mx2.1m), trestle cloths (3.6mx2.1m), cushions (40cm & 60cm), table runners (2.7mx.40m) & napkins. To work out what cloth fits best for your table, see our pdf attached.

Extra Services

We can do so if you require. Labour costs to setup & pack down depend on the time of day, location & access. Most venues include setup of basic linen in their venue hire cost

Practical Advice

We have fabric swatches that we are happy to send to you.

  • Table Art can provide advice on all your function needs. If you send through your proposed floor plan, we may be able to suggest ways to save on linen for your setup.
  • Think of any other tables you may need to cover in the room – cake table, presents table, registration table, signing table, data projector table, dj desk, bridal table or staff clearing stations

Our Charges

We accept credit card (visa, bankcard & mastercard), EFT, cheque and cash.


Yes you can. On most occasions, you can pick up two days prior and return two days following to/from our Hawthorn base.
We ask for a 25% booking fee to lock in your booking. The remaining 75% is due the week prior to your event.
No, we launder our fabrics in a specialty laundry to extend their lifespan. If our linen is wet at the end of your event, we ask that you air dry them before put back in linen bags as they can grow mould if wet in hot conditions and you may be charged for damage.
We are happy for you to organise couriers to transport our hire items interstate.
It completely depends on the time of year and the item. If you have your heart set on an item for your event, we highly recommend booking it in as soon as possible as we can’t hold items for you without a deposit.
We charge a replacement cost for any damaged or lost items.
If numbers are increased from what your booking says, let us know as soon as you know. We will accept a decrease of less than 10% in final numbers two days prior to your delivery date.